Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and like many other children, our kids LOVE making gifts for their moms! In fact, regardless of the time of year, kids are always asking “Can I make one for my mom!?”--no matter what the activity or craft is!

Yesterday, Granny’s House was filled with kids “posing” for portraits and decorating picture frames to give to their moms for Mother’s Day. With an instant picture printer on hand, and a dozen volunteers from Altrusa International, the project was a fun and creative way for the kids to show their mom how much they love them!

I think one of my favorite parts of the day, was watching the kids “pose” for their portraits. Each child was able to pick out a bouquet of flowers to hold, and they were so very careful to make sure they picked out just the right one. “Well...I’m wearing blue...so I should probably pick the blue bouquet of flowers...my mom would like that!”--or “My mom’s favorite color is pink...do you have any pink flowers?”--or “My mom is going to LOVE this...her favorite flowers are roses!”

Another exciting part was watching how creative the kids got with their poses. Some kids decided to look “tough” while others made sure their hair was just right and their smile was bigger than ever. Either way, I’m sure the moms of Granny’s House will enjoy their very personalized and thought through gifts!-And I KNOW the kids enjoyed making them!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment