Monday, December 22, 2008

Family Christmas Celebration!






"What car am I in?"
"Can I ride in the van?"
"I brought back my permission slip...can I pleeaaaassee go?"

These questions echoed throughout Trinity Place as twenty two Granny's House kids awaited The Crossing's "Family Christmas Celebration" on December 10th. Once the rides were arranged, the Christmas music was in the CD player, and the "let's remember to behave" talks, we were complete, we were off to the church for a fun evening!

Once we arrived, the kids ate pizza with families from The Crossing and watched a Christmas program which had them dancing in the isles, laughing in their seats, and most importantly learning more about the Lord. To finish off the evening, all the kids stuffed teddy bears which were sent to Africa for kids in The Pistis School in Kenya! The kids even included "prayer notes" with each bear and they were so excited that their bears were going to children half way around the world!

Thank you to all the "host families" from The Crossing who made the night so special for the kids. As we made our way to the parking lot, several kids said "Look! There is my church family!! Next year...can I be with them again? Pleeeaassseee?!!!"

Merry Christmas everyone!!